Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Emergence & Help"

Emergence-The notion of working by yourself rather than with a lot of people has unfortunately been the main idea here in school., We all hate working on projects with a lot of people because of a lack of participation by some, too much work being done by some and not enough by others, and frustration beyond measure. However, in this example of the ox weight  measurements by some random people really showed me that some ideas can come together without even knowing and somehow manipulate the flow of information and how you can ideally place yourself in the right spot, showing that working together can  be very useful.

Help- When I am in dire need of someone to help me, I think about my brother and how he might help me out. I don't tend to think about other resources at all; and after listening to help, it showed me how much of people's problems come from them making it to stressful on themselves. Help really opened up these new ideas of mine that help me think about how I stress myself out when I really don't need to. I really could relate to some of the examples that were given such as the guy who was going through his withdrawal period of not drinking and how he was afraid of what might happen if he drank; the only reason that I can relate to this is because of the way I can psyche myself out if I don't wear my jersey on game day and we loose. I just can't do it because I'm afraid the broncos will loose, even if we have Peyton Manning as our QB! The power of the mind is very intriguing just because it can control every single aspect of your life if you don't know how to control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment