Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Radio LABs from Week 2

It wasn't until after I had finished listening to the Radio Labs that I could relate the ideas and topics discussed to performance. The Emergence Radio Lab allowed me to grasp this concept of togetherness and how two individual things can benefit the newly created whole. If I step back, I find it difficult to imagine a situation where something becomes a solo performance and is successful. Yes, you can have a singing solo or a speech, but often times the audience is present and I believe the one receiving the performance has an important role in the overall execution. This deals with the situation from the Radio Lab where they discussed the search rankings on Google. The factor that came into play was how many hits a website received from those searching the specific content. Without this form of audience there would be no significant numbers.

With the Help Radio Lab, I took away the idea of the amount of power one has over themself and the conversations that go on within oneself. I feel that this totally relates to performances as we all have to deal with the nervous moments before we perform. I know I definitely talk to myself and try to pump myself up. In the Radio Lab I noticed these people were giving themselves some form of an incentive in order to accomplish the work that needed to be done. In some cases I think this could aid the performance, just not to the extreme level of committing suicide if one fails as mentioned in the Radio Lab. I see it as a way of rewarding yourself for putting yourself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment