Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Final of Lee ①

         My first year at American is a nightmare, it's the worst time in my whole life. The language problem, the culture shock, and especially the food suffered me a lot. I have been America for almost two years. However, it's just the third quarter I've studied in the Universities, even though I took a Summer quarter t this year. I wasn't sick or had finance problem. The reason that I didn't attend that much quarters in university is that I've been to the ELC. ELC is a place that DU established to help international students to improve their English. At first, I did get into the university. However, I wasn't a hard worker at that time. I was busy to play video games, read novels, and play with my friends. I believe my English may be not that good at that time, but it is not that bad to catch one F and two Ds in the first quarter. The university sent me a letter to tell me that I had to go to ELC to improve my English. I've been a really hard time at that time. I am afraid to tell the truth to my parents. I don’t disappoint them. And I strongly believed if I got a chance I can do better. I kept that thought when I went to the ELC. I despised the ELC until I finished my first quarter. All my friends were in university, and we used to mock the students who waste their life in the ELC when I was in University. Some students of ELC, their purpose is not really to learn. Their parents own a company, their got money; they came here to enjoy American life. To have a good car, a better coat, and even a fantastic house. They don’t care about the score they got. However, when I became a student in ELC, I feels different. It’s not a shame to know who you really are, it’s shame that you know who you are but you don’t want to accept and change. After passing the first quarter, I realized that ELC it’s not that easy for me. Learning something is not wasting your life, is improving it. Then i spent four quarters to get out the ELC. I think this is important to me, because it changes me a lot. I grew me up a lot after that. It's a great experience for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment