- To run the program you need to download Max Runtime at http://cycling74.com/downloads/runtime/ (it's safe, please download the version that is compatible with your Mac/PC (PCs, 32-bit is good))
- To download the program, please go to https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6fm2dy6aiepobl/VoiceAnalysisFINAL.mxf and download the attachment VoiceAnalysisFINAL.mxf (don't open this yet until you've completed the below steps)
- Please download this external object that the program needs to run:
- Mac users: in the finder, go to Macintosh HD > Applications > Max 6.1 Runtime > Cycling '74
- Place the Analyzer~ folder in the Cycling '74 folder
PCs - http://web.media.mit.edu/~tristan/MaxMSP/WinAnalyzer~.zip (PCs)
- PC Users: Go to Start > My Computer > OS(C) > Program Files > Max Runtime 6.1 > Cycling '74
- Place the WinAnalyzer~ Folder in the Cycling '74 Folder
- PC users must execute this second step: download ftp://ftp.fftw.
org/pub/fftw/ff tw-3.0.1-w32-pl 1.zip
- Unzip the folder and locate the fftw3.dll file
- Keep this window open and go to Start > OS(C) > Program Files > Cycling74 > Max Runtime 6.1 > Support, then copy the fftw3.dll file into the Support folder
- This program only uses .wav files, so if your files are a different format (.mp3, .m4a, etc), please go to http://media.io/ and use their free online audio converter. Convert it to a .wav file
- This does not convert .flac or .mov files - if you have these types of files, please email them to me to convert them for you!
- You are ready!