Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Final Performance Concept

Abby Armstrong
Final Presentation Proposal

For my final presentation, the experience I would like to recreate is when I hospitalized due to a severe illness last year and left school. I know it’s a sad, dismal topic. However, it is an experience that provided me new insight and helped me see the bigger picture of what I came to college for.
I want the audience to feel what I felt: the helplessness, denial, boredom, sleeping for weeks, etc. I want them to visualize the monitors, the white walls of the hospital, constant beeping of machines. To engage these senses, I could play the sound of the hospital machines in the background, lightly while giving my presentation. I want to emphasize the boredom that I felt. This is because while all of my friends were at school, I was bedridden. However, I am not quite sure how I would do this. Although, I was severely ill, my mind was moving at one hundred miles per hour. Thinking about every class I missed, every assignment I wasn’t completing, every joke I wouldn’t be part of, etc. Therefore, I thought it may be beneficial to do a cut n’ mix. I could combine content from my blood tests, doctors’ notes, my emotions and my daily activities.  This would then represent my jumbled thoughts. The painkillers that I was on almost daily heightened my feelings and made me feel low rather than high. Therefore I want to convey that in my presentation some how. For almost three weeks I couldn’t talk normally due to infection of my throat, however, me not talking in this performance wouldn’t be all that effective because I feel like I wouldn’t be able to provide my perspective in a efficient manner.

These all have the potential to be effective in my opinion, however, it is the matter of the fact of what is the most effective. I really want the audience to feel the way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment