Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Presentation for Tuesday

My presentation for Tuesday will be on my life changing experience of when I was 3 years old and I saw my father get his first and only DUI, getting taken out of our truck, and getting cuffs put on him, and getting taken away while leaving my mother and my siblings who were 10 months old and 9 years old while I was 3. I feel like this presentation should be very personal and this is my most personal experience since I was born. I feel like people in general need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and with everything that had happened, i feel like my life and the life that we were leading changed for the better. Up until this event, my life was full of a "machismo" with my father having the majority of the saying in the family. and when this happened, my mother shook herself out of her comfort zone, and finally took the first step to take us out of where we were at, and take us onto better things. Before this, we were alright, we had everything we needed, but we weren't getting ahead. I feel like my family and I wouldn't be where we are at now. My brother and I certainly wouldn't have gone to college and I don't feel like my sister would be the strong independent woman she is now. This dramatic example shook all of us out of apathy and now, we are all better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment