Tuesday, November 12, 2013

final performance


For my final performance I will recreate when I got to play in a grand piano concert in 8th. This is significant to me because I had been playing the piano for 7 years at that point and this was my last year of taking lessons. My teacher gave me the opportunity to be part of the grand concert. I was excited and nervous at the same time. This would mean many hours of practicing and rehearsal. It would be a lot of pressure. Part of the grand’s concert is there are 12 grand pianos on stage and 2 people playing at each piano. Everyone plays the same song but there are 2 parts so it can get very confusing to stay on beat and not mess up.  I want the audience to experience how many hours I spent sitting at the piano practicing learning the new piece and trying to memorize it. Becoming frustrated when I could not play part of the piece right and wanting to give up. I will do this by making a cut n mix piece to read to the class and I might have parts of the piece playing over and over in the background to show how many times I had to practice the same section over and over. I then want to show the excitement of the day of the concert and being nervous right before going on stage. I will end the performance with playing the whole piece at the end and feeling accomplished once I was done playing. I will also pass around the music of the piece I played to let the audience see the music. The senses this will incorporate are seeing the piece of music and I might show a picture of what the stage looks like with the 12 pianos set up on it. Also hearing the cut n mix and the sound of the pianos playing and then the audience will pass around the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment