Thursday, November 7, 2013

Conversation Analysis

I noticed the context of my two conversations were quite different in the sense that with one I lead the conversation. While in the other conversation I found myself doing more listening with one word remarks. Just by listening to the raw recording I noticed that my tone of voice differed across the two conversations. The first person I recorded was my dad where I did more listening to his recent story and the overall tone stayed very calm and low, with the exception of some laughter. This resulted in my voice quickly rising and then suddenly lowering. With the second conversation involving my roommate I had to lead the conversation and ask questions in which I would follow a majority of time with laughter. This accounted for the higher pitch in my voice analysis. I think it would be interesting to analyze my voice when it comes to talking to more of a stranger rather than people I know, like my dad and roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment