Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ryan Voice Analysis


The first conversation takes place during a lunch break with my girlfriend. We are in my room and she wants to watch a youtube video. We are stressed on time, and I later go on to tell her that I am recording the conversation. The second conversation is between myself and my suite mate. We are trying to head downstairs to lunch, but he is very slow. The average pitch of my voice with my girlfriend is 63.43, and the loudness is -25.84. The average pitch with my suitemate is 62.03, and the loudness is -22.14. My voice has a higher pitch with my girlfriend, and a lower pitch my friend. My voice is much more inconsistent with my girlfriend, it goes from higher to lower quicker. With Kevin, my voice is relatively the same. Even my laughs with Hope are at a higher pitch. Kevin’s voice also stays consistent, and Hope’s voice differs throughout the conversation. My voice, and the opposing voice tend to mimic each other. It is interesting to hear that my voice gets higher when I am with Hope. However, her voice and my voice are similar in the way they are inconsistent throughout the recording, because we tend to mimic each other. My voice with Kevin has a lower pitch, and his voice does too. It seems like we both are mimicking each other with a lower pitch. In my conversation with Hope, my voice sets the pitch, and her pitch mimics mine. In my conversation with Kevin, I am asking him to hurry up so we can go eat, my voice then gets lower, which agrees with the idea that masculinity is used for dominance.

No comments:

Post a Comment