Thursday, November 7, 2013

Voice Analysis

I analyzed talking to my close friend Diana and both of our pitches were averaged at 63. To me this says that we view each other as equals and that there was no one who was showing authority over one another. However, the conversation that we were having was about a topic that did not involve an authoritative position. We were talking about our RA’s name and how we kept forgetting his name at the beginning of the year. Our pitches might have been similar, but the noisiness and loudness shifted greatly. When Diana and I spoke about figuring out Julian’s real name we would kind of scream in happiness (our loudest was -18.9), I think we scream laughing because we are hilarious… So our volume did differ greatly, thus this made our noisiness vary the lowest was .765 and our highest was .811.



The second voice analysis I did was ordering food.  When I first ordered my food I think I was a little uncertain, so my voice was lower at 61, then as I continued to order my voice became a little bit higher at 65, I think this occurred because I was trying to sound friendly and nice, because after all I was asking him to make me food. The loudness of my voice and the waiters voice were even throughout the exchange of conversation, the only time the loudness changed was when I thanked him, I think I did this because it gave me the last and FINAL word, ending the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment