Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cut n' Mix analysis

After reading and editing this piece I found it to be about a student torn between their responsibilities and what truly makes them happy. He is writing, but it is nothing of importance to him, it is just his responsibility as a student. The who of this piece is trapped in doing what is expected of him because he has only gotten to where he is through education. His disposition is wavering on thankful to apathetic.
The purpose of this piece puts him in juxtaposition with what education has done for him, and how it has worn him out. He is at a standstill: he knows writing (education) is expected, but he no longer feels a sense of attachment to putting in his highest abilities to complete it. The scene of this piece is closed, as this piece is based off his perspective to work. The setting of this piece is after he has finish all of his work, I believe he is venting; thinking about why he feels so disconnected to something he is so thankful for having.
The text of this piece flows from his caring to him wanting to relinquish the pointlessness of what he does (his responsibilities). The agency of this piece is written/performed in the structure of a monologue, while the style of the piece relies on conversational. Yet the piece is uttered like stream of consciousness in a lyrical mode of communication. The person depicted in this text is culturally relevant to not only the producer of the text, but all students.

The literary devices I found were metaphors, allusions, and verbal irony that are wrapped up in his thoughts of why his feelings are incongruent with his work and identity as a student getting an education.



to diverge the difference.
in attention not by detail,
and grade my goal. 
the other, work. because an education, responsibilities blows with the way I could. 
As both wanted attention diverged about difference. 
writing to perhaps simulate worn education. one grade because I sincerely mentor one to want,                away with the better same
And the wood have a day!
Yet in sigh to much hence:

I, me, about, about which two, passing shall leave you writing black.
Oh, and leads beyond delivered 
see truly of when they delivered teacher black.
Oh, I-
when your thank you letter simply claim because hence:

Two teacher I wrote with, come and much strive difference.
going this less me. Your responsibilities have me really another,
how truly responsibilities leads blows what the class equally this, one knowing way,
I simulate, I wrote I am not that.
greasy who? You and I both

just one from yellow than want dedication than write 
then that detail the responsibilities I could
less about blows.
I could travel to what simulate is 
Somewhere over me the trodden made took me
morning see other, and for the teacher in me, been truly black.

I am the letter for you because to other, 
more to no having all been 
I am writing dedication should I ever work trodden
took one letter, in one makes, just with more through me, the same,

And fair has way
And has undergrowth 

No comments:

Post a Comment