Thursday, October 3, 2013

Will M's Text Analysis

After reading this Cut n’ Mix I can see that this student is constantly feeling judged and studied. There are references to “He” and “His”. This man is all knowing and in many ways resembles God. The author uses many references to nature and animals. I believe this shows the authors hobbies and truly speaks to his/her character. The need to be one with mother earth is clear to me in the writing when the author writes, “The wine, The windy sun, Your snares divide alone, Sea and teeth pure as sun”. By comparing sea and teeth to the purity of the sun the author is saying that the greatest thing someone could achieve is being pure like the sun. The fact the teeth are used to draw this connection makes me believe that speaking pure and telling the truth is very important to the author.

This idea of being truthful comes out in the end of the story when the author says, “I don’t fake, When illusions to be, become” clearly some of this is gibberish because of the programing but if you try and look in the line, “I do not fake” you can figure something out about our author. I for one do fake. I fake to like people, I fake to enjoy things I hate, and the idea to no fake anything is very noble in my eyes.

I believe this piece was written to show the work ethic of the author. While reading this one gets the sense that the author is always trying to prove something or make everyone happy. At some point the author must step back and stop running, “You alone are the horse the keeps running”. This is a great metaphor for the author. A horse is loyal and strong. Yet once a horse is broken the horse is a tamed pet for a superior master. This author is strong he/she must realize that.



Cut n’ Mix
Interpol: Rest My Chemistry, Warsan Shire: For women Who are Difficult to Love,
   Beck: My Mind is on You, Me: Sounds

I name you lovers to this running peak
When you tame horses rage
After love you’re his anything
Forget the lake
Like snares, don’t be dizzy
Anything keeps loves heat
He surrounds and keeps our blood

When he compares you
You alone are the horse that keeps running
All sun brain
Blinding echoes, your ache
A need to lie,
His lie is strange
Keeping sounds, you are his leaps
This storm is alone
And
Golden bloods memory surrounds his leaps
You’re need marks needs
I’m stone the days we meet
The wine
The windy sun

Your snares divide alone
Sea and teeth pure as sun
The sea, just as I’m a stride
And are all
I don’t fake

When illusions to be, become

No comments:

Post a Comment