Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cut'n'mix Peer Review

Ever since anyone All these buckets in the family of rain, I've could remember the heard enough about. young boy was You say that just unable to I lied. I sit still. He is a gentleman was always very didn't I ask active. Often times, for a place something as simple I could stay? as a television What were we episode would not both thinking? The have the ability next part just to satisfy him got in the for too long. way. You were On nights that just always talking the family comes about changing. What home tired from if I was work and school, the same then, the boy wants the same I to go out always was? All back and throw these things that the ball around you say, like or just have I'll forget about a conversation. Everyone the mind numbing in the family games that you besides the boy play. I am of course thinks a gentleman, didn't to themselves that I pay for the boy only every laugh every likes to hear dime, every bit himself talk. The every time and boy is known then you feed for asking many me some line. questions about anything I won't hear and at any one more word place or time. about changing. Guess As some would what I am maybe find this the same man, behavior as an same that I've annoyance, the family always been. Days did not. The pass and turn boy has all into weeks, when the love we don't even could ever ask to speak. We just for from each lay wide awake and every one and pretend we're in the family. asleep. You go He actually is home alone and responsible for a you're checking your great amount of phone and you're the entertainment and looking at me laughs that go like I'm something on within the you own. You family's home. If say I never someone was to tried. I am take a short a gentleman, didn't glance at a I answer every family picture, the time that you young boy would call, pick you automatically draw that up when you person's attention. But you this day, the never listen at boy finds interests all.
The Pentad:
The speaker in this piece is a grown man, about 30 years old, reflecting upon a scene when he was younger. He comes off as a typical American citizen in the middle class.
            He seems to be reflecting on a scene involving his father, a gentleman. His father is giving him advice on love because the main character has recently gone through a break-up.
It is a closed audience because it is monologue within the main characters head. He brings up thoughts between himself and this gentleman. However, these are personal thoughts and reflections that will not be shared with others. He is laying in bed, unable to fall asleep because he is reflecting on this conversation between himself and his father.
This piece is a reflection because the speaker says, “Ever since… I've could remember the heard enough about” and “But you this day, the never listen at boy finds interests all.” This indicate the speaker has changed since this scene took place years and years ago, and today he is “interested” in all because he has learned from this conversation with his father.
As previously stating, this is an inner monologue of a 30-year-old man. It is conversational and fairly straightforward language. The speaker is not trying to come off as eloquent or articulate because they are his internal thoughts.

A simile in this piece is “for a place something as simple I could stay? as a television.” The speaker is referring to himself sitting idly by, like a television.

No comments:

Post a Comment