Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mine and my interpretation of my partner's cut n' mix performances

Here is a picture of my cut n' paste performance:

FRONT


BACK



And here is my interpretation of my partner's (Perry--I hope I spelled her name right!) cut n' mix performance: 


Paid people live to want those. Couldn’t get combination.
I don’t want shapes.
Improving that,
No. If…

Perspectives…Perspectives. People think history. Get that.
No way! Wouldn’t!
I most interesting diamond.
Nice to see the way I couldn’t myself see. Couldn’t the history travel.
Myself. You and the do.
Away diamond. Paid. People feel interesting paid. Couldn’t be different.
Nice, siree!
That,
No. Do travel here.

Everyone. Me.
The ways people remember. The diamond.
The nice do meet. We, the one, to people those who remember to think or live
We. The siree!
Maps do things. We like. I feel.
Live like the siree!
I do.
Channel people. Live them. Interpret. I want to see me. Remember.
Down.
I want baseball there.

Different. Interesting.

Can the people show the people there to like the siree!
They live if I do.
Do.

Literary Devices Used:

Paid people = alliteration
Perspectives…Perspectives. People = repetition & alliteration
I most interesting diamond = metaphor 
Couldn’t the history travel = personification? History is being presented as a thing which can travel
You and the do = rhyme 
Paid. People = alliteration
We. The siree! = rhyme 
Live like the siree! = simile 

do...Do. = repetition 

3 comments:

  1. Great start Kristen, but we need your analysis (your perspective on the Pentad - who, why, where, when, how, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I totally forgot about including the Pentad!


    My Pentad Interpretation of My Partner's Piece:

    Who: I imagine a character from an absurdist play is speaking to him or herself. The gender of the character is not very important. It can be performed equally effective by either a boy or girl. The character is very reminiscent of someone in Beckett's play Waiting for Godot. The character really has no sense of self or backstory but lives in the moment strangely commenting on philosophical questions concerning human beings.

    Why: I feel like the character is trying to work through some philosophical questions he or she has about people. Perhaps he or she is commenting on his or her observations about people in a very absurdist / abstract way. Maybe the end conclusion is that life has no meaning, it is merely a concoction of randomness?

    Where: I imagine the character is on a street surrounded by people but is not talking to them. The people surrounding him or her do not even notice his or hers presence. If someone wanted to perform this piece, I imagine standing on the side of a busy downtown street would be effective

    When: Modern day! Modern day absurdity performance art.

    ReplyDelete