Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Abby Armstrong
Ethnography Performance Concept

My issue originally is America’s current health.

My stance was that America’s health is unacceptable. I discussed how sad, and unacceptable it is because these health problems can simply and easily, be avoided simply by lifestyle changes. For example, just by leading a healthier lifestyle, losing an extra few pounds (if need be), not smoking, eating healthier, exercising, etc.
I said that America’s culture is to blame for this health crisis. Also that it is not entirely up to America’s government but instead a culture change needs to happen. More aggressive efforts by the people could absolutely revamp America’s culture into a healthier one.
A different perspective could be changing the reason behind why America’s health is in such a poor state. For example, I originally pointed the finger at America’s culture. I blamed the people and said America’s population needs to revamp America’s culture. So, instead of blaming it on the culture I could blame it on the government. I could say that there aren’t strict enough regulations against fast food restaurants or strong enough programs/campaigns that promote healthy living and exercising.

For media, I could critique one of the current advertisements out there for healthy living (like a commercial or short video). I could show print campaigns and maybe pass them around to the class to see. Maybe I could even create an advertisement or campaign myself that represents the aggressiveness that the current campaigns lack. Additionally in regards to talking about stricter governmental regulation, I could give examples of the current regulations and what needs to be changed to make them more efficient. Maybe I could pass this around to the class?

No comments:

Post a Comment