Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thursday's Assignment

Carlos Villagrana
Professor Hoyt
Yellow Rain
10/23/13


        The interviewers during this interview of the niece and uncle seemed to be oblivious to the facts that were being thrown at them. It seems to me that their agenda was to merely come in and only focus on what they were trying to get out of the niece and uncle. It seemed that they did not want to listen to anybody's else's beliefs, although that was their job in the first place, to get a different perspective. The culture that one may be exposed to has a great deal of effect on how one may view and understand all kinds of ideas and innovations that they may cross in their life. Culture is defined as a series of ideas, beliefs, way of life of a certain person who relates to a bigger part of the belief system.
        For example, I consider myself to be part of the D.C. Universe culture. I know a lot of ideas and heroes in this universe. However, the flipside to that is that I don't really relate myself to the Marvel Universe where there ideas and heroes are different from D.C. Universe. My bias or my culture that I have surrounded myself with has indefinitely left me to hate Marvel Universe. I would not accept any type of idea or liking of Marvel because they hate us and we hate them.
        Is this a fact or the truth? It may seem to be a fact to me but to others it might not be either. It all depends of the amount of bias one may have and if they are willing to open their minds to new ideas, truths, and facts that may change their entire perspective on a certain subject. My own way to explain a different perspective is closely related to the hopper method since these new video games are mainly focusing on the comics and how Batman is seen first as a masked vigilante to the hero Gotham city now calls the Dark knight. I feel that if you stay close to the story line and reference back to original texts, you can impact more audiences worldwide and have a better critique of your perspective and your culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment