Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Change of Perspective and Media

My issue dealt with the advancement and changes happening within the news media. There was a time when the news only reached society through the work of the news reporter. As of today, we now have a plethora of news outlets to choose from to inform on all that is going on around us. Personally, I know I see most of the news reports on my Facebook feed. I only know a small number of those who are still faithful to their one TV news station. I also wanted to bring up the concepts and values the news once encouraged amongst their reporters. I wanted to focus my stance on the issue with my first performance by stepping into the shoes of a news reporter. I attempted to dive into their thoughts on the matter and the loss of interest they are beginning to face when there are more convenient ways of getting the news. In a way I guess I wanted to show some sympathy for the news reporter.


The other stance on the issue I could take deals with the public viewer. I could discuss how those out there feel that the news reporter has lost their significance with providing the breaking news story. There are also those who don’t trust the biasness of some television news stations, such as FOX news. With a performance, I could change my media by showing clips of news reports or showing more examples of the media industry not revealing the full story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment