Monday, October 21, 2013

Gluten Free: Not as Annoying as I Think it is

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Gluten!

            My issue deals with the propagation of gluten free as a healthy choice made by conscious consumers. My stance on this issue was that being gluten free for no other reason than to feel healthy is a pointless act that will only lead to the annoyance of others, (friends, family, and people who actually suffer from celiac) while putting a strain on your pocket book, and a burden on your body that is being deprived of whole grains, and to add fuel to this gluten free fire it forces an unnecessary attention to anything that has to do with eating or drinking.

            My new perspective will look into the health benefits of being gluten free, as told by my friends who choose to eat a diet that is free of gluten. Since the new consumer market is so accommodating to this latest trend, I will also look into the simplicity of making the change from eating gluten to being gluten free. To change my media into pro gluten free, my next performance will incorporate an interview with my friend who has made the decision to be gluten free despite being able to ingest, digest, and take nutrients from foods that contain gluten. I will also look into getting food that has a gluten free option. (This will not be pizza, because lets face it, I’m not going to buy two more pizzas for this class)

No comments:

Post a Comment